The 8th International Workshop on Surface Modification for Chemical and Biochemical Sensing, SMCBS'2017
Electrochemical aspects of chemical and biochemical sensing dominated former Workshops of this series and many participants were either committed to electroanalytical chemistry or used electroanalytical techniques.
As previous workshops, the present 8th Workshop was focused on the art of both chemical and non-chemical decorating of solid transducer surfaces as well as recognition activity of the resulting sensors toward target analytes. Main topics of the Workshop covered various aspects of surface chemistry related to chemo- and biosensing in solutions or gases.
As for the interdisciplinary Workshop, the topics covered by oral presentations at the 8th SMCBS'2017 Workshop exhibited large diversity involving:
- chemical sensing
- organic materials and particularly biomaterials for electric energy generation and storage as well as for catalysis
- supramolecular surface modification
- charge transport
- inorganic semiconductors and energy materials
- biochemical surface modification
Both fundamental and applied research talks were delivered. In total, 59 lectures were given during the Workshop.
We were pleased to host participants from 20 countries from all over the world. Noteworthily, the status of the participants were equally distributed between Professor, PhD, and MSc researchers.
- 7th SMCBS 2015 in Pułtusk || Book of abstracts || Photo gallery
- 6th SMCBS 2013 in Łochów
- 5th SMCBS 2011 in Łochów
- 4th SMCBS 2009 in Przegorzały
- 3rd SMCBS 2007 in Włodowice
- 2nd SMCBS 2005 in Kazimierz Dolny
- 1st SMCBS 2003 in Białowieża